In this canine scent detection course, you'll maximize motivation for indicating target odor (aka trained formal response). It's all about letting your dog chase the rewards they love best.
What you'll get:
- Harness your dog's natural drive to hunt and chase prey.
- Build drive using food stuffed balls, toys (or target plates)
- Learn about indications and why you need one to prevent common causes of failures.
- Learn strategies for avoiding false alerts.
- Create a clear system of communication, where your dog WANTS to show you the precise location of source.
- You won't have to guess when your dog has found source. The indication will be so obvious even the audience will know where source is.
- Your dog will learn to freeze like a stute in a sit or down position and stare at source until released to chase the reward.
This course is the next step for dogs who have completed our 7-Day Scent Challenge or are already trained to find the source of target odor. It is inspired by the Scandinavian Working Dog Institute Protocols, adapted for a wider audience.
Our method uses fun, 2-5-minute training sessions in a distraction free 10x10 foot area. You'll need 2-3 food stuffed balls, toys or target plates.
Fun is guaranteed. If you're not happy for any reason, you have 7 days to request a full refund.
Let's get started training a bombproof indication even spectators will recognize.